It all began on May 16, 1941, when Lawrence Canvas Products Company opened it’s doors for manufacture and sale of tarpaulins, truck and trailer covers. In 1984, the company grew from just industrial fabric products to a full service company, manufacturing and installing awnings and tents. In 1996, the name of the company changed to Lawrence Fabric Structures to better describe the wide range of fabric products that anchored the core business as they moved into a 68,000 sq. ft. plant, located in West St. Louis County.
As the company continued to grow into the 21st Century with the addition of exhibit and architectural elements, metal products became an essential part of the business. As metal components and metal awnings became a mainstay part of the business, “Metal” was added to the name, thus becoming Lawrence Fabric & Metal Structures in January of 2010.
On December 5, 2012 we earned ISO 9001 certification from Alliance International Registrar LLC for successfully implementing a management system. ISO (International Standards Organization) is the world’s largest developer and publisher of international standards. On December 4th, 2015 we received our re-certification ISO 9001 that will continue through Dec 3, 2018.
As of October 21, 2015 Lawrence is now owned by the employees. Lawrence employees have always provided great service and quality to our customers. This EMPLOYEE STOCK OWNERSHIP PLAN (ESOP) will promote continued success and customer satisfaction.
“We at Lawrence Fabric & Metal Structures are thankful to our many customers for making this anniversary possible,” said President Mike Bowman. “Their feedback has shaped our company and their faith in our ability has sustained us. We look forward to continuing to serve our valued customers for many years to come.”